Dear ImaginXP teachers
Happy teachers day. Today is an important day for me. I come from a family of teachers and being a teacher, is no less than a doctor‘s Hippocratic oath. In India, we call teachers Guru, which embodies the spirit of a guide, mentor and educator rather than a mere instructor of the curriculum. Each one of you has a profound influence in the lives of your students and it a great responsibility that you have been given. Our thought process, curriculum and teaching will nurture and direct the future generations of this country. For the last 7 years, students trained under the esteemed faculty of ImaginXP have become leaders, changed mindset and brought about innovation that was not seen in India before. It’s magical to see how these students, our best contribution to the country, are riding the wave of future skills. It is very satisfying that we are able to create the impact that we intended to do in the world of higher education.
While we have seen immense success, there is a long path in front of us. And the story starts with you. Teachers are the greatest minds that a country needs to have. And that is great responsibility on all of our shoulders. On this day I would want all of us to remind ourselves of the teacher's code - a code that we live and stand by.
1. We empathise with our students - we know students are kids that come from all environment and social background. Each one requires a personalised learning path, guidance and lots of understanding to lead him to a fruitful future. We empathise, we motivate, we gamify, we create the best version of him. That’s what our focus is on.
2. We learn every day - every day is a new challenge for the teacher. We have to push the limits of science, art, creativity, technology to instil an idea of innovation. We are the torch bearers of well balanced skilled and educated future skills. So we learn more and more so that we can teach better.
3. We nurture opportunities - our job as teachers is not just to teach but nurture opportunities for our students to bring corporates, companies, government and students together. This will enable research-led thinking amongst our students. It is for us to push the limits of research in our individual fields.
4. We keep an open mind - each one of us views a Leonardo, an Einstein and a Jobs within us. We bring design, technology and science together in the minds of our students. That’s when a Renaissance happens. We are the spearhead of this renaissance and hence we keep an open mind, challenge the status quo, innovate on a daily basis. We do this in our classrooms, in our discussions, in our assignments and in our research.
5. We are a role model - each teacher is a role model. And hence we bring in punctuality, efficiency, effectiveness and RoI in everything that we do. We use our influence for the good, to change the fabric of society.
The current pandemic has proven that we need new ways of thinking, working and surviving in the new normal. Let me thank each of you who has supported your students even through these difficult time and instead turned it into an opportunity for growth and learning.
It’s been an incredible honour to teach shoulder to shoulder with you. We also acknowledge the courage and vision to leave lucrative corporate jobs and dedicate your life to building the next generation of the country.
Everyone is my teacher, some I seek, some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I am learning from them. I bow in gratitude to all of them. Happy teachers day!