How can anyone become a UX designer
The answer to this question is quite simple, "Anyone". Yes, you read that right! Anyone can become a UX Designer. It is more about cultivating the right skills and learning the tools. UX Design usually comprises of many skills. But the most important part of it all is that each skill can be learned and polished over time. The 'UX' stands for User Experience. It is about making the journey of any user using that product as seamless as possible. There are a few key points which need to work on to become a UX Designer.
1. Familiarize yourself with UX methodologies: Get an understanding how the process is done. Every process may it be design or development as a process which needs to be followed. A good understanding of how it is done and to bring those skills into practice will help you be better at designing.
2. Learn the creative process: Design is about creativity, coming up with innovative solutions is the need. For that, a creative process of discussion and brainstorming sessions go a long way. It gives the designers insights about things which otherwise never surface.
3. Develop an eye for design: It is a very important skill. A designer needs to know the difference between good and bad. Only then will they be able to create something appealing.
4. Read and write: The process of design changes every day, new techniques and methods are introduced. It is your job to keep yourself up to date. For that, the best practice is to read articles and also document your thoughts.
5. Design projects: Once you have a good understanding of the process of designing, it is best to come up with a few design solutions of your own. A few projects which will illustrate all that you have learned over the course of your development as a UX Designer.
The process never ends, it is best to continually keep developing yourself only then will you be a successful UX Designer. So can anyone be a UX Designer, yes, but it comes with a lot of dedication, hard work, and most importantly curiosity.